General Information

Network Maintenance Notice: November 1 

The Calgary Parking Authority is performing necessary planned maintenance of our network from Sunday, November 1st at 9:00PM until 1:00AM on Monday, November 2nd. During this time, no ParkPlus online services will be available, including MyParking Services, the MyParking app, text-to-park, call-to-park, and   

No payment is required for on-street parking on Sunday, November 1st. Pay machines will continue to be available to make payment in CPA operated parkades and surface lots. 

Please note that our Customer Solutions Centre hours on November 1st are 8:00am-9:00pm (phone 403-537-7100, option 2 to speak to a representative).

What are Residential Parking Permits?

A residential parking permit is a permit issued by the Calgary Parking Authority to residents living at a qualifying address within a residential parking zone.

Qualified dwelling units can apply for two permits simultaneously at no cost. Exceptions are the AAA and YY permit zones.

How do I know if I'm eligible for a residential parking permit?

You can search through the different residential parking areas by visiting our website at or by calling 403-537-7000.

Note: Not every address within a Residential Parking Zone qualifies for a Residential Parking Permit. Please contact us at 403-537-7000 for specific addresses and requirements.

Why do I need a parking permit to park on the street in my area?

Communities may ask for residential parking restrictions to protect their communities from excessive parking in the area. The residents of the community petition through The City of Calgary's Traffic Operations to have their area restricted. City Council must approve the creation of new zones. If you are a resident in the area you must then apply for your parking permits to park on the affected streets. For more information, please visit

How can I apply for a residential parking permit?

Visit for information on how to apply.

What documents do I need to provide in order to get my residential parking permit?

Click here for details on accepted proof of residence documents.

What is your refund policy on residential parking permits?

The CPA will refund the cost of third and additional parking permits to the permit holder in the following circumstances:

  • The CPA will refund the full amount per Residential Parking Permit or Special Parking Permit if the refund request is received within 10 business days from the date of issue;
  • For two year permits, the CPA will refund $50 (plus GST) per Residential Parking Permit if the refund request is received no later than 10 business days after the first anniversary of the date of issue; or
  • For two year permits, the CPA will refund $25 (plus GST) per Special Parking Permit if the refund request is received no later than 10 business days after the first anniversary of the date of issue.

To request a refund, please fill out the Residential Parking Permit Refund Request form and e-mail it to

How can I request or change parking restriction street signs?

If you live in an existing Residential Parking Permit Zone and wish to request or make changes to parking restriction street signs, please call 3-1-1 and request a Residential Parking Signs petition.

  • The petition will be mailed to you.
  • The petition must be completed with 80% agreement from residents on that block.
  • Only one restriction per block is allowed.
  • Mail the completed petition to The City as per the instructions on the petition package.
  • The City will review the petition and implement the requested parking restrictions.
  • Signs must be in place for at least 18 months before further changes to restrictions can be requested.

Please click here for more information on the process.

If you checked the Residential Parking Permit Zone map and you do not live in an existing Residential Parking Zone, you can request a zone via your community association or City Alderman. Please click here for more information.

If I have a motorcycle/scooter, do I need a parking permit?

Yes; motorcycles and scooters must follow the same process to apply for and obtain a residential parking permit.