Call or text to park | Calgary Parking
ParkPlus account holders can easily call or text to start or stop parking sessions. Please ensure the cell phone number you are calling or texting from matches the cell phone number registered to your ParkPlus account.
Call to park
If your cell phone number is attached to a ParkPlus account, you can call to start a paid parking session. An automated system will guide you through how to start or end a session.
How to call to start or end a parking session
Text to park
If your cell phone number is attached to a ParkPlus account, you can pay for parking by text message. Standard carrier message rates may apply.
How to text to start or end a parking session
- Use the cell phone attached to your ParkPlus account.
- Text "start" and the 4-digit zone number to 77587. For example, if you start a parking session in Zone 2441, your text message would appear as “start 2441”.
- To end the session early, text "end" and the 4 digit zone number to 77587. We will credit any unused time back to your account.
- A reply message will confirm the session was successfully started. If no message is received, ensure you entered the correct number. Use an alternate method (Call to Park or the MyParking App) if necessary.
Do not text 403-537-7275 or 888-554-4011. These are numbers used for Call to Park and will not activate a text parking session.
- Parking restrictions are in effect
- There are insufficient funds in your account
- Entering the zone number incorrectly
- Phone number is not registered to a ParkPlus account
Receive notifications when a parking session is about to expire or when funds are low. Update notification preferences in your account settings.
ParkPlus account management
Request a receipt by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Date of transaction
- Licence plate number
- Amount of transaction
- How you paid: by app, ParkPlus account deposit, VPM, or Pay Machine (please include machine ID found a top right of pay machine)
- Payment type (i.e. coin or the first and last 4 digits of the payment card used)
- Contact information
We will need at least two hours from the transaction time to process the request, as we do not have real time access to payments. Our Customer Service Representatives will verify the transaction and provide a receipt within 48 hours.
Receipts cannot be provided for individual parking sessions made through a ParkPlus account via ParkPlus web, app, text or call to park. Review the account history in your ParkPlus web account for individual parking sessions.
You can export detailed reports of your monthly parking transactions for the previous six months. The reports can be emailed to print or save as a .pdf or .xlsx file. Easily separate reports by phone number. If you need reports for tax purposes, we recommend they be downloaded bi-yearly.
If you need a report for more than six months, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the account information and timeframe and we'll be happy to send one to you.
You can request a refund via an email. We will need the following details:
- Date and time of transaction
- How you paid: by app, ParkPlus account, VPM, or Pay Machine
- Pay machine ID or Zone number, or approximate location
- Licence plate number
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Amount of transaction (please attach a receipt, if possible)
- Payment type
- First and last 4 digits of card used
- Reason for the refund
We can only process refunds on requests we receive within one month of the ParkPlus transaction date. We provide refunds of less than $5 as a ParkPlus account credit. We will return refunds of more than $5 via a credit card refund or ParkPlus account credit. We are unable to issue cheques for parking payment refunds.
We will not process refunds for the following situations:
- Forgetting to end a parking session
- Starting a parking session in error or starting multiple overlapping sessions
You must have enough funds in your account to cover your entire parking session. Sessions will end automatically when funds are exhausted. Funds added after the activation of a parking session will not extend the session. To manage your account balance, simply log in to check your account balance. You can set up low-balance notifications, add funds (minimum $25), and set up auto-top up (MyParking app only).
Customers who wish to close an existing ParkPlus cell phone account may submit a request by emailing email@example.com. Once the request has been received, a ParkPlus administrator will contact you.
There must be a minimum balance of $1 to transfer funds between accounts or refund a balance on an existing account. When possible, the refund will be applied to the credit card used to add the funds. Alternatively, we will issue a cheque for refunds more than $10.