Non-Resident Landlord Permit

COVID-19 Update

In support of COVID-19 precautions, the main CPA office (620-9 Avenue SW) closed effective March 17, 2020. The Impound Lot (400-39 Ave SE) location remains open with reduced hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and from 12noon to 4pm on weekends. This may result in longer than usual wait times for customer service support. We thank you for your patience. Please remember that payment can be made online from the safety and convenience of your home. 

CPA is enforcing physical distancing rules by requiring customers to remain 6 feet apart and limiting the number of people in our lobby at a time. This means customers may be required to wait outside before gaining access to the lobby. Please dress appropriately for the weather and bring all necessary documentation with you.The health and safety of our customers and employees remains our highest priority. Please do not enter the Impound Lot if you are sick.

We are encouraging use of the MyParking App rather than pay machines and want to remind customers to use online tools to pay tickets, submit appeals, manage residential parking permits and top up your paid parking account.

The City of Calgary introduced a temporary 30 minute grace period for curbside parking from April 09 - May 31, 2020. Effective June 01, 2020 regular parking rates apply. 


What is a non-resident landlord visitor permit?

A non-resident landlord visitor permit is issued to the owner or manager of a rental unit. This permit may not be activated for more than one vehicle at a time. 

non-resident landlord visitor permit is for occasional usage only and is not to be used day after day. It is not to be used by the landlord to park their vehicle at the residence while not attending at the residence.

Only one non-resident landlord permit can be issued for a property regardless of the number of owners on the tax bill/assessment (condo units may have multiple non-resident landlord permits issued if there are different owners of different units).

How do I apply for a non-resident landlord visitor permit?

A non-resident landlord needs to present one of the following:

  • Current year's tax assessment or tax bill with the owner's name and dwelling address.
  • Copy of current land title with owner's name providing it shows the residential address (not just the block/plan information)
  • Property tax receipt
  • If corporate owner (name or numbered), a copy of the "annual return" filed with the Alberta Government Corporate Registry AND the current year's tax bill/assessment.
  • If management company or agent, any of the above and the current year's tax bill/assessment.

Click here for details on how to get a permit in this case.

Can I as the landlord get the visitor permits for the residence that I own?

Non-resident landlords are eligible for one non-resident landlord visitor permit that may not be activated for more than one vehicle at a time. This is the only type of visitor permit non-resident landlords are eligible for. 

A person who resides at an address that qualifies for visitor permits may apply to the Calgary Parking Authority for a visitor parking permit.