Virtual pay machine | Calgary Parking
The Virtual Pay Machine (VPM) is a convenient service if you don't want to visit a physical pay machine or don't have a ParkPlus account. It allows secure online payment for a parking session using a credit card or Visa/Mastercard Debit card.
VPM works the same as a physical pay machine. Once you have selected the amount of time to park, you are not credited for any unused time.
How to start a VPM session
- Visit vpm.parkplus.ca
- Enter the zone number you’re parked in
- Enter your licence plate information
- Select the amount of time you need from the dropdown menu
- Review your session details and proceed to payment
- A secure site will open where you can enter your credit card information
Benefits of VPM
- Useful if you're a visitor or don't want to set up a ParkPlus account
- No need to visit a physical pay machine
- You don't have to carry any coins
- If you decide to park for longer, you can start a new session by following the same steps without having to return to a pay machine
There is a $0.50 minimum purchase for on-street parking. The minimum purchase in parkade and surface lots is equal to the 30-minute rate of that lot or parkade.
Rates are displayed on the pay machines and vary based on time of day and pricing area.
To reduce paper, ParkPlus System machines only produce a receipt by request. You may request a receipt at the end of your transaction.
If you didn’t receive a receipt, you may request a copy by emailing email@example.com with the following information:
- Date of transaction
- Licence plate number
- Amount of transaction
- Machine ID (found at the top right of the pay machine)
- Payment type (i.e. coin or the first and last 4 digits of the payment card used)
- Contact information
We will need at least two hours from the transaction time to process the request, as we do not have real time access to payments. Our Customer Service Representatives will verify the transaction and provide a receipt within 48 hours.
You can request a refund via an email. We will need the following details:
- Date and time of transaction
- How you paid: by app, ParkPlus account, VPM, or Pay Machine
- Pay machine ID or Zone number, or approximate location
- Licence plate number
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Amount of transaction (please attach a receipt, if possible)
- Payment type
- First and last 4 digits of card used
- Reason for the refund
We can only process refunds on requests we receive within one month of the ParkPlus transaction date. We provide refunds of less than $5 as a ParkPlus account credit. We will return refunds of more than $5 via a credit card refund or ParkPlus account credit. We are unable to issue cheques for parking payment refunds.
We will not process refunds for the following situations:
- Forgetting to end a parking session
- Starting a parking session in error or starting multiple overlapping sessions